There is no better way to relax than climbing into a bubbling hot tub at the end of a busy day. If you are thinking about investing in a hot tub but are not sure where to start, then look no further! We’ve put together the Ultimate Hot Tub Buyers Guide to help inform your decision. Keep reading for some great tips on cleaning, health and safety, and keeping costs to a minimum!
Things to Consider Before Purchase
The bigger the water capacity of your tub, the bigger it will be! To comfortably seat 6 people, you would be looking at a water capacity of around 900L-1100L.
Think about how many people you will have using the hot tub at any given time and make sure you invest in one big enough for your needs. Our M-Spa Hot Tubs both seat up to 6 people.
Before committing to a purchase, make sure you know exactly what is included with the hot tub and consider any other accessories you may need to purchase. A hot tub cover is a must for extending the life of your tub!
Health & Safety Advice
In order to fully relax and unwind in your tub, you need to ensure certain safety guidelines and being met at all times. Follow these simple steps to enjoy a safe and relaxing time in your tub!
- Cleaning your hot tub and maintaining the quality of your water is a huge responsibility. You should always check that the hot tub has been cleaned thoroughly and the water is disinfected to a safe level. Chlorine acts as a great disinfectant!
- The temperature of the water should never go above 40 degrees and you should only soak in the tub for short periods at a time. Staying in the hot tub longer than the recommended time can cause fainting, dizziness, nausea or other complications. Always track the time you spend in the tub!
- The area around your hot tub can get very slippery and easily cause a fall or accident. It is important to take extra care getting in and out of the tub and walking around the area. If there are children present, make sure they are supervised at all times.
How to Clean & Maintain your Hot Tub
Step 1: Drain
Switch the power off and drain out the water. If you leave the power on, the jets may cause the water to splash and spill.
Step 2: Clean
Once all of the water has left the hot tub you can give it a good scrub down.
Step 3: Filter
Remove the filter and clean it. Once dry, re-fit the filter insuring it is put back in the correct position.
Step 4: Refill the Tub
Now it’s time to start refilling the tub. This step can vary in length depending on your water pressure but usually takes approximately 30 minutes.
Step 5: Treat the Water
When your tub is full, it’s important to treat your water. We have a great water treatment pack with everything you’ll need! Make sure to read the labels and follow any instructions given.
Money Saving Tips
- Set up your hot tub next to a fence or garden shed. This will act as a windshield and help keep your water warmer for longer.
- Invest in a good cover – Your hot tub cover will trap the heat, keeping the temperature nice and warm. This will reduce the time it takes for the hot tub to heat up.
- Keep your equipment clean! Clean pumps and accessories will make sure everything runs smoothly and will prevent the need for expensive repairs or replacements.
Follow us on Instagram
M-Spa Ottoman Hot Tub
The Ottoman is a 6-Bather Hot Tub made to perfection. Its outer fabric has applied the latest printing technique and a rattan pattern.
M-Spa Tuscany Hot Tub
The Tuscany collection features a clean, contemporary design in a popular, acrylic-standard looking. The plastic wood panel ensures product durability, while its easy installation allows great portability.
Hot Tub Cover
Keep your hot tub protected from elements such as rain and sun exposure and extend the lifespan of your spa. Covers the whole spa including the control panel.